Russian test skates 2017
List of participants was published today on the FFKKR site.
Actually, I think it will be changed, because some skaters have already announced that they are going to miss test skates due to medical reasons. But anyway let’s take a look:
- Ekaterina Bobrova – Dmitri Soloviev
- Sofia Evdokimova – Egor Bazin
- Tiffany Zahorski – Jonathan Guerreiro
- Elena Ilinykh – Anton Shibnev (I’m surprised they decided to show up, or maybe they’re going to participate only in closed part of the test skates which is only for specialists’ eyes)
- Alla Loboda – Pavel Drozd
- Annabelle Morozov – Andrei Bagin (another surprise)
- Betina Popova – Sergei Mozgov
- Viktoria Sinitsina – Nikita Katsalapov
- Alexandra Stepanova – Ivan Bukin
- Dmitri Aliev
- Sergei Voronov
- Maxim Kovtun
- Mikhail Kolyada
- Andrei Lazukin
- Alexander Petrov
- Alexander Samarin
As for Kovtun, his coach Inna Goncharenko told that he’s probably going to participate only in closed part of test skates:
Maxim goes to the test skates, he will participate in the training camp, but his performance on Sept. 9-10th dis in question. Maxim returned to trainings after illness just a week ago. He caught a flu. Before that, he had exacerbations of old injuries – first ankle, then back. So the final decision about his performance at the test skates will be made by doctors of our national team.
- Kristina Astakhova – Alexei Rogonov
- Alisa Efimova – Alexander Korovin
- Natalia Zabijako – Alexander Enbert
- Ksenia Stolbova – Fedor Klimov
- Evgenia Tarasova – Vladimir Morozov
Ksenia and Fedor also are going to participate only in training camp and won’t show up on public.
They will take part in training camp, training activities in Sochi. But because their readiness they won’t show their programs to the public. – Mozer said.
But one we know for sure, Ksenia is already in Sochi
- Alina Zagitova
- Alena Leonova
- Evgenia Medvedeva
- Anna Pogorilaya
- Elena Radionova
- Maria Sotskova
- Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Participants are listed in alphabetical order. The order: ice dance- men – pairs – ladies, the order of participants will be determine by lot. Skates open for public – Sept. 9-10th.
Good luck to everyone!
Related topics: Team Russia
Ah! Evgenia is still alive ! After 3 months without news on twitter and instagram, I was beginning to be worried
I guess, sometimes social media silence is a good sign, because means that an athlete is too busy working and preparing for the season)
I guess you’re right. She’s the new queen after all. Keeping the title is tough.
What purpose have test skates? (maybe a stupid question but I seriously wonder about it)
Test skates in Russia consist of two parts:
1) closed for public – skaters show their new programs to the specialists from the federation and get feedback on programs, levels, some weak moments in their programs etc. It also gives the skating federation an opportunity to monitor how well skaters are prepared for the season. Based on the test skates, someone may get the spot at home Grand-prix, or be send/withdrew from B competitions.
2) open for public – it’s like a gala for their home public. It’s not compulsory and skaters usually have the right to decide whether they want to participate. It’s an opportunity to test new programs, costumes, to see the reaction of an audience.
Plus, all such moments as “whom they are going to support more this season, in terms of politics”
Is this event an important criterion to get funding?
Usually, the funding depends on the results of Russian Nationals. But this event is also important, who looks promising and solid may get some extra “sponsorship, resources”.
Thank you for the info :)
Do you know why polina doesn’t take part of the test ?
Here a comment from one of here coaches: http://fs-gossips.com/polina-tsurskaya-to-miss-russian-test-skates-2017/
Good luck to everyone.
Thank you so much for the info!! This blog is one of my favourite sources to inform me :)
We’ll have to wait to see Ksenia and Fedor but, well, it’s ok ^^ The excitement will be bigger!!
I think Ksenia and Fedor take pleasure in making us wait while they seem to be doing everything but skating…haha.