Evgenia Medvedeva: I didn’t expect so much negativity and so much hate
Evgenia Medvedeva about all the negativity she’s faced after her decision to change a coach.
– I’m satisfied with half of today’s day – with practice. This means that I can do all my content in public. But what happened in the free … I won’t say anything again that it was terrible. This is only a mental issue. I admit my mistakes, I’m not the kind of person who denies. I admit my weakness – it is in my head.
Yes, I really wanted to skate well. Yes, I let the brain go, absolutely I wasn’t thinking. Yes, I gave up in the program. This is the moment we will work on. We worked on the body. We complicated the program, which also affected today’s result. Now it’s time to work on head. We will work on this, there’s a decent amount of time before the Russian Nationals. It can be fixed. And do not forget about the body.
What overall results can be summed up after performances in France?
– It is possible to sum up that during the performance all my weaknesses show up, which were before. To skate clean at competitions, I must not think at all and do the jumps even with my eyes closed. Now everything is changing, my body has changed – it is completely different. Now I do not do everything easily and quickly. But this is such a period of life. Yes, I was ready for failures, everything does not come at once, but all failures are difficult. Although I’m ready for them, but still.
How did you feel in the free program?
– I felt much calmer than in the short program. In the short, I was too much ahead of myself. I need to learn how to live with the pressure that is now on me. I was ready for condemnations, for discussions, for expectations, that people would slander. Saying that how good I am, how bad I am. That people will divide into two camps. But to be honest, I didn’t expect that everything would be in such a quantity. I didn’t expect so much negativity and so much hate. I need to learn to live with it. It is already getting easier for me, my relatives and close friends help me, but it is impossible to isolate from everything. But I just need to get used to it. I must learn not to pay attention to it. Need time.
The advice “Zhenya, don’t read this,” is no longer working. I haven’t been in social networks for a long time. My Instagram page is being updated by other people. Agents. I almost don’t use social networks. I’m sorry that I can’t read about all the support of my fans, but I refused of social networks. I myself decided so. Just one day, I realized that it was impossible to live like this. Of course, I understand that very many people were seeking this. That it was impossible for me to live. But they will not succeed in this, because there is a “delete Instagram” button.
The whole history of figure skating is love and hate, when two strong figures appear in the country.
– You know, love and hate are the rule of life. This is the rule of love when hate goes along with romantic relationships. But, sorry, we are not in a romantic relationship with all people. I have never reacted to this, and this is the first time I’ve ever spoken about it. I don’t know if I’m doing it right or wrong. I don’t understand, for example, where such a typical case comes from: an adult man who is over forty years old and has two children, a wife. He works, I don’t know, for example he’s a manager. The man tells me that I’m a traitor and that he hates me. And that is why, my dear friends, I’m no longer in social networks.
But this is just fans, and not someone close?
– Do you call these people fans? Wow. It doesn’t upset me, but in general, when you realize that people have split into two camps, this is not ok. But I still feel the support of those people who sat in the stands and shouted words of support to me. Still, for every single *** there is a good, kind person who will cheer up.
by Anatoli Samokhvalov for rsport.ria.ru
Related topics: Evgenia Medvedeva, interview
Rafael Arutyunyan: I don’t love any of you. But I will love the one who will train well
Too many “keyboard lions” ready to attack her. Let her make her choices! Let her skate! Let her have a normal life!
I wish her to be strong, don’t read anything what people write on Internet and just do what is necessary to get back at her best. When she starts win again people will change their mind quickly.
*Sigh* People can be so stupid. Evgenia totally change her life. Of course there will be bumps along the way. I’m glad she is liking her time in Canada! :)