“Valera brought a contract and informed me that if I didn’t sign it by September 1st, he wouldn’t skate with me. The contract was about me making full provision for him.” Vasilisa Kaganovskaia commented on a split up with her partner Valeriy Angelopol
Vasilisa Kaganovskaia commented on a split up with her partner Valeriy Angelopol.
Dear friends, you may have already seen the news – our pair no longer exists. It’s true, it’s not fake. And I want to tell you the truth. I have never brought disputes out into the open, but now I won’t stay silent.
It all started on July 4th: Valera told me that he didn’t want to skate with me anymore. I know the reason perfectly well, he had told it to his friend and my mother. And it had nothing to do with figure skating. It was, frankly speaking, personal. I won’t go into details, as I consider it inappropriate. But the next day, he changed his mind and started saying that he didn’t want to skate because he wasn’t satisfied with how I trained. He claimed I was mistreating him, working poorly, treating him horribly, and so on. Anjelika Alekseyevna (Krylova -ed.) and I did everything to save the pair, and for a while, it worked. We discussed everything and prepared for the test skates during that time. But three days ago, Valera brought a contract to practice and informed me that if I didn’t sign it by September 1st, he wouldn’t skate with me. The contract was about me making full provision for him.
You can see the content for yourselves, I’ve attached a photo. We tried to talk, Anjelika Alekseyevna suggested various other solutions, but Valera said it was his condition, and only under those conditions, he would, against his own will, skate with me. Neither I, nor my family, nor my coach, no one was willing to work under such conditions.
That’s why we’re not skating together anymore. And it’s not a mutual decision, but Valera’s decision alone.
But I am grateful for these 5 years. There were many good moments and victories. I’ve learned a lot during these years. And I’m moving forward. I love what I do and am filled with motivation to continue skating, but with a different partner.
Thank you to all the fans for your support.
Here’s some clauses of the contract, from the photo Vasilisa attached:
- Compensation for expenses.
3.1. The Client shall reimburse the Performer on a monthly basis for all expenses incurred by the Performer in providing assistance to the trainee, within the scope specified in clause 1 of this Agreement, which includes, but is not limited to:
- renting commercial ice (if necessary);
- a complete set of equipment (including skates, guards (hard/soft), blades, laces, tapes, skate care and maintenance products, etc.);
- training clothing for figure skaters (in the gym/on the ice) and clothes for performances;
- expenses related to individual work with the coach;
- additional individual training sessions;
- expenses for inviting specialists and their consultations;
- expenses incurred during training camps, if they are not covered by the Figure Skating Federation;
- expenses for participation in competitions outside the schedule of the Russian Figure Skating Federation, including payment for transportation, accommodation, meals, compensation for the coach, etc.;
- expenses for insurance and payment for all medical services, including expenses for necessary rehabilitation;
- expenses related to the creation of programs, including payments to invited choreographers, musical arrangers, specialists in copyright, as well as acrobatics coaches, tango instructors, and others.
“Only now do I understand what actually happened. That my actions don’t fit into the concept of ‘normal'” Alina Gorbachyova recorded several video messages about her search in Moscow