The Russian Figure Skating Federation issued an ethics code for athletes and coaches, regulation of confidential information with fines in case violation
The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) has issued recommendations for athletes as part of a new code of ethics.
As follows from the section “Peculiarities of professional ethics of athletes” (in particular, paragraph 2 of article 1), skaters should:
- keep self-control in case of loss, with dignity paying tribute to the victory and skill of the opponent;
- refrain from negative public statements, judgments and assessments of the opponents’ performance during the competition;
- do not answer hypothetical questions (“what if …?”, etc.);
- do not discuss issues, the resolving of which is under discussion;
- remember that any information published in personal social networks can be used in the media as an athlete’s opinion, his statement, the position of the organization he represents, and so on.
The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) has issued recommendations for coaches as part of a new code of ethics.
According to the section “Features of the professional ethics of coaches” (in particular, paragraph 2 of article 2), the coach must not negotiate transfers with athletes from other clubs or coaches. This also applies to any conversations that could be interpreted as a transfer offer.
It is also noted that the coaches, to whom the athlete applied himself with a request to transfer, must inform the current coach of the skater about this – based on the principles of collegiality, respect and partnership.
The Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKR) has also published a regulation on confidential information.
The document dated September 26 was signed by the President of the FFKR Alexander Gorshkov.
FFKR confidential information includes insider information and personal data. Insider information includes, in particular:
- the content of correspondence, telephone conversations, postal items, telegraph, telephone and other items;
- information on the preparation, adoption and execution of individual decisions by the leadership of the FFKR on organizational, medical, judging, scientific, technical and other issues;
- lists of candidates for Russian national teams for participation in official competitions before their official publication on the FFKR website;
- a draft unified calendar plan before its official publication on the FFKR website;
- the composition of judging teams before their official publication on the FFKR website;
- the content of individual training plans for athletes before their official publication;
- organization of interaction with law enforcement and other government agencies during joint events;
- information about the facts of holding, goals, subject and results of meetings of the FFKR management bodies before their official publication on the FFKR website.
Also, medical information (about injuries, examinations, methods of treatment, medical admittance) about athletes, coaches, sports judges, specialists, employees of the FFKR apparatus and other persons is considered insider information.
The regulation is accompanied by an agreement on the non-dissemination of FFKR information (confidentiality agreement), which is given for signing.
In case of violation of the terms of the confidentiality agreement through the fault of a person who has gained access to certain information, this person is obliged to pay the FFKR a fine in the amount of 100 thousand rubles.
Elena Buyanova said that Alena Kostornaia resumed training on ice after surgery. Alena denies it “As soon as I can train, I will be the first to announce it.”