Evgenia Medvedeva: I don’t even know what happened. At the moment, this isn’t what I wanted
Evgenia Medvedeva commented on her performance at Skate Canada 2019.
by sport24.ru dd. October 27th, 2019
Today you had a good performance. What happened yesterday in the short program?
-Honestly, I don’t even know what happened yesterday, that’s why we were so upset. We have done an excellent job in the last 2.5 weeks. I felt confident in trainings, at a six-minute warm-up, and even during the performance. I wasn’t nervous.
What did Brian say yesterday and today?
– About the short program, he said that I didn’t deserve it. We really worked hard. And I have to perform well. At the morning practice, he said that he believed in me.
You said that you are competing not so much with the others, but with yourself. Do you think everything went well today and are you on the right way?
– I can’t say that today I did something magnificent or unusual. A clean free program is normal for me, I do this every day in trainings. Better or worse, but usually clean. Today’s performance is usual, not good and not bad, was unusual was yesterday, in the short.
How did you spend the night yesterday and how did you set up your mind for today’s skate?
– I tried to relax and sleep.
How was the audience?
– Very warm. I heard a lot of Russian speakers. I tried to abstract from everything and skate like in training.
What are the next goals?
– Work on the same plan.
What grade do you give yourself for Skate Canada for two programs?
– They were so different that I can’t say in total. Minus by plus gives minus (laughs)? At the moment, this is not what I wanted.
Kiira Korpi: Figure skating is like a church: everything is beautiful outside until you find out how everything is arranged inside