After Sinitsina / Katsalapov went to Zhulin, there were talks that it isn’t the last change in his group.
Director of Elena Kustarova and Svetlana Alekseeva‘s group confirmed that Tiffany Zahorski and Jonathn Guerreiro left Zhulin and joined their group:
Well, it was quite predictable and I think it’s a right move and a good choice. Why?
- Zhulin’s group is too crowded and ability to give equal attention to all of his students it’s not about him.
- Too much divas and drama queens per one square meter of ice.
- Zhulin doesn’t seem actually interested in this team, necessity to go back to the old dance last season speaks for itself.
- You don’t have to be a Nostradamus to predict that this season Zhulin will give all his attention to Bobrova / Soloviev and Sinitsina / Katsalapov. So it’s totally understandable if guys don’t want to waste their time. It’s not just understandable, but reasonable because you don’t have much time as an athlete.
- There’s no good technical coach/specialist in Zhulin’s group now while Alekseeva and Kustarova are known for their strong technical base. A lot of Russian world junior champions was exactly from this group and it’s not a coincidence. And for such a new team as Tiffany and Jonathan it’s almost the most important thing to be technically strong.
- If all the rumours about Ilinykh and Zhiganshin are true, Tiffany and Jonathan will be the only senior pair there. Well, even if Elena and Ruslan continue skating, it’s better to be a second pair in the group than maybe 3d or maybe 4th.
- Yes, Alekseeva and Kustarova are not very fashionable choreographers and some costumes in their group was disastrous, but you can work with so other choreographers and rely on your own sense of style.
So, I really see only positive in this change (I wish Hurtado / Khaliavin could have done the same). Good luck to Tiffany and Jonathan!