Fedor Klimov about their performance at NHK Trophy 2017.
Fedor, you skated the programs well in Osaka. How did you achieve this result?
– We didn’t do anything special, just trained. We were ready for the previous competitions, but not enough to skate the programs clean. Now we got into shape, realized and showed that we can do it.
Mistakes you had at previous competitions, you called them accidents.
– Yes, because at practices everything was fine, but at competitions some randomness showed up. But eventually all this had to end.
How important was a clean skate for you?
– It’s important. It was in our minds, we were thinking about it. Although you try not to think, but you still think, why it doesn’t turn out to skate clean? Now, after the Japanese Grand Prix, we will have more confidence.
At the Grand Prix in Japan, you did a combination of two triple jumps.
– Yes, we planned to prepare it for the Grand Prix final, in Japan we tried to make it ready for the Final. We didn’t remove this combination, just at the first competitions we wanted to work on cleanliness of skating, but happened what happened.
After this Grand Prix, we made an important conclusion for ourselves that we must continue to prepare like this. We lost levels of some elements, that’s why we scored less than usual. We should pay attention to this and understand what is the reason. And continue to work.
You should get into Final. How important is it for you in the Olympic season?
– It is important. Some athletes say that they specifically skip certain competitions in the Olympic season, so that more strength remain. We do not have that. We planned all these starts and Grand-prix Final. And the fact that we have accomplished this task is very important for us. Personally, I really wanted to. It’s an honor to get into Final after we missed the Grand Prix series last season.
Will there be any changes in programs, preparation before the Final?
– We will not change the elements much. We will continue to work on combination 3-3-2, improve the elements, twist and others. In short, we’ll work in the same direction.
by Tatjana Flade for fsrussia.ru