Elizaveta Tuktamysheva gave a comment to Tatjana Flade about her performance at Finlandia Trophy.
Not everything turned out in the free program. There were more nerves than at competition in Oberstdorf. It was a slightly different situation in Finland. Arena is much larger and brighter, more viewers. All this is closer to the Grand Prix, so the excitement increased. And rivals were strong – Mao Asada, Kathleen Osmond, Anya Pogorilaya … Yes, all the girls skated with errors and were not very happy after the competition. But this is the beginning of the season, so the conclusion is the same – to work on. Maybe we’ll make some adjustments in the free program, we’ll see…..
My problem is that I missed a lot and slowly starting to recover. At trainings I do everything calmly, but not everything turns out at competitions. Now I don’t have enough competitive experience, I need more competitions. I can’t focus throughout the whole program yet. Most likely, affected that I haven’t performed for a while or my psychology can’t cope with me. To do everything cleanly you need to be more self-confident, go out and show good skating. Yesterday, in the free program, this did not happen. I made mistakes.
But during practices you did everything with confidence and jumped well.
– Yeah, at practice turns out. Now I need to show it all at competition.
After Finland you wanted to go to tournament in Nice.
– We won’t go to Nice, because it turns a short break before the Grand Prix. We’ll go straight to Canada. Maybe we’ll have something before leaving, we’ll see.
You have a complicated music in the free program. If you skate well, the program looks good. If not, it doesn’t really make impression. Maybe it’s worthwhile to redo the music?
– I just need to skate well. Always. We’re not going to redo the music. It was my fault that didn’t turn out. The problem is not in music.
Are you going to do triple axel at Grand-prix?
– We do this jump at trainings. But I afraid to include it into the program, because yet the free program is not completely skated-in. And if we add axel, I think at this moment I won’t be able to show a decent skating.
At the stages of junior Grand Prix small Japanese girl did a triple axel.
– Yes I know. Well done. Figure skating is moving forward, and it’s great.